Thursday, August 16, 2007
blood-sugar, diets, what is up with me?
I am trying to figure out the cause of why sometimes I feel dizzy and/or nauseated and/or shaky. Most of the time is all three together. My #1 suspect is that I'm somehow not taking in enough callories/sugar or am hypo-glycemic (did I even spell that right?). But... just to rule out whatever I can... I am going for TWO whole weeks with absolutly NO DAIRY at all. Then I'll eat cheese and ice cream again and see if there is much change in how I feel. I will repeat the same experiment only with wheat/gluten. I think that will be very hard to do as well. I love my dairy and wheat! I don't even have very much - it's amazing how that little teaspoon of ranch or those two tiny scoops of ice cream - that one little square of chocolate I break off once a week - can be missed so much. It's only been three days and I am 'surviving' just fine actually. At any rate - today I got the "dizzy" spell again (not on dairy, mind you - and while very hungry). I got a GREAT drink from Juice-it-up with some berry from Africa in it (which is supposedly better for you than blueberries even) - it was so amazing! No dairy in it, mind you. Plenty of sugar and I felt so much better after drinking it. The shaking stopped nearly 10 minutes after. I'm really starting to think it has something to do with blood-sugar levels or something. I need one of those little devices that pricks your finger and measures your glucose levels. Thanks for your prayers. I don't think this is a big life-threatening deal but it certainly is frustrating and a little scary when you're standing in the smoothie line and you think you are seriously going to pass-out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'll talk to you Saturday at the shower about this. Dakota is suffering with this too. Scott should be able to get the finger sticker things from his work. I'll keep you in prayer. Let me know if you figure out something, I'll then try it with Dakota. Blessings, Shannon
ReplyDelete