Thursday, April 7, 2011

News

Upon informing the adoption ministry of our intention to adopt the little boy and girl they replied that they learned that day (yesterday) that the little boy had been placed into foster home and therefore was no longer able to be adopted. I am happy and sad at the same time. I am happy that he is in a home environment now, possibly that family will adopt him. I am sad for me for I am sure he is special and would be a blessing to whatever family he joins. I was also a bit flustered, having to change "my" plans - so this afternoon I had decided that I'd better just realize that my plans don't count - God's do. Only He knows tomorrow and everything and everyone about it. We have decided to continue to plan on adopting the little girl, should she still be able to be adopted by the time we travel over there and if not then we'll choose another child(ren). I hope very much to adopt this sweet little girl but ultimately I want whatever is best for her and our family as well and I leave it in God's hands.

Oh - and the home study agency gave me and scott five more pages, each to fill out and send with the application - so we gotta get those finished before I can mail it.

I will begin recording next week for the CD that will be sold as a fund-raiser for the adoption(s)! I'm so excited to get this project going and I hope God will use it in more ways than to raise funds to bring orphans home but also to encourage those who hear it.

Yes - I'm up a bit "early" (late!) - finishing some papers and gearing up for a meeting with my son's Educational Specialist (for his school) in the morning. I guess sleep might be good too, huh?

Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment