Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pictures, pictures and... you guessed it... PICTURES!

Below:  Arielle hitting the pinata at her birthday party
Zeph got a dragon at his and Nathan's "How to Train Your Dragon" Birthday party!
Presents:




Scott made this magnificent castle for the kids to walk through upon entering the party (which had to be inside because it rained!)


This was my first ever attempt at a cake like this - Arielle loved it!  We made the castle and treasure chest pinatas with the kids!
Pin the tongue on the dragon was played.






We made the cupcake tower from an idea on Pinterest (web site) - made of jars, cardboard, paper and duct tape!

Above:  My handsome man being, well, himself :)  Below:  a family photo taken during our homeschool group's yearbook shoot.



Addie joined me at the Women's Retreat for our church this year...
We were so blessed to attend our church family camp this year - what fun!






Our niece and nephews joined us too!

July?  JULY?  Is that really the last time I updated?  Wow... you'd think I was a busy mom with 5 kids or something!  Well, being that I have 4 MONTHS worth to cover... prepare for some images of cute children to flood your screen!  We've been a busy bunch!  Evie had her 3rd birthday, Addie turned 1 year old,  Zeph turned 4 and Arielle turned 5 - all in 3 months!  I'm an aspiring photographer and I'm hoping with a little more practice and maybe some pro-instruction I can start doing it professionally... we'll see.  For now I get great pleasure out of practicing on my little subjects here at home!  One last thing - before I blast your screen with cuteness...  (photos)...  I just wanted to also give a little update on Zephaniah.  He's on a higher dose of medication now, after suffering a seizure that wouldn't stop on it's own (this was at the end of September) and lasted for 26 minutes (til the paramedics finally administered emergency medication).  We are thankful that he is mostly back to normal now, after several weeks of seeing effects of the seizure.  We are also thankful that no further seizures have been seen now that his dose is a little higher, which means it's working.  Zeph will be getting his 3rd prosthetic leg soon!  He is growing so fast!  He is also having a hard time in the mean time, waiting for his new leg to be ready while he is limited to short wear times with his old one being too tight.  He sure does love to be active and WALK!  Actually, he can pick up quite a bit of speed going down the hallway - it's pretty much running!  Speaking of walking...  Addie is now a little walker too!  She is saying many words and has this adorable baby gibberish!  She calls her oldest sister "pwicess" (can you guess what that means? - she also calls baby dolls and barbie dolls "pwicess").  Okay - enough of my proud mama babbling.... pictures!

We took a field trip to the local Apple Farm and the children learned how to make apple cider the old fashioned way!



They also were allowed to pick some pumpkins!




Afterwards we enjoyed carmel apples.



She falls asleep in her chair in the cutest ways!
I'm not going to lie.... I took a LOT of pictures of this little girl in her frills and pink.  It was just thrilling to play around with some of the shots and to try different things with my photography hobby... she is such an easy subject!






I got "crafty" for Addie's 1st party... probably went overboard.... for sure taking a break next year!  That was a LOT of work - but it did turn out cute!















































Arielle asked if she could feed Addie.  Sure.  She usually does a good job with her sis.  But she left the container and... left.  Enough said.



Back in August we had a different little celebration for Evie - just us, my mom and the kids but we had a grand old time, a beautiful fun warm day!
















In August we had a second trip to a local regional park with our homeschool group....








And one last shot of our "baby" before she turned 1...

No comments:

Post a Comment