Thursday, June 2, 2011

"His Eye is on the Sparrow"

Today we all walked up a hill on a trail we love. Along the way we found this:























There was a little bird, out of the nest, vulnerable. My son wanted to pick it up but he happened to have brought along his bug-house, which was perfect for catching it and letting it hop back into this (pictured above) little groove of a nest in a rock. His little siblings were happy to see him! Just as we were leaving (after letting the kids look at the frightened little critters in their neat little nest) the mama bird approached the nest with a "tasty" bright green grasshopper in her beak - back home and now "dinner"!

Normally, I'd think of what a great science lesson that was, as we are home-schooling Nathanael. But my thoughts instead turned to "Wallace". He is like that little bird. He needs help. He is vulnerable. Without help he may not have much of a future. And he is one in tens of thousands of orphans around the world, just a number to most people. But to us he is special. He is a little boy we hope to soon call "son"! And I pray, like with that little bird, we will make it to him and bring him "home" safe and sound. Who cares about one little bird? Baby birds fall and perish every day and it does not affect our life. Something else could have found it first or we could have left it to it's "natural" fate. But just imagine - not one thing goes unnoticed to God. He cares about even the little bird - how much more does He care for us (our family), and for all people, and for "Wallace"?

So 2 miles straight up and then 2 down - we are all tired! And Scott was getting a form notarized today. We came home sun-burned and tired and hungry. I scanned our prized document (one of the last "big ones" for our dossier) - only to have our team tell us it's missing one little piece of information. It has to be re-done! Ah! Not only will it cost precious time but also more money because we are paying a mobile notary to travel and per signature. Bummer. I was soooo looking forward to having this done. Deep breath. Keep praying! This is just like walking those 4 miles when you're out of shape!! This "paper-trail", as it's called, really is an emotional work-out as we scurry about to get ev-er-y si-ng-le document perfectly ready for the dossier (the documents that get sent to the country Wallace is in). Thankfully, it's almost the weekend and... we have ice cream! I figure a 4 mile hike entitles me to a scoop! :)

Also - I did put together a sort of flier for leaving in various places to spread the word about Wallace's adoption and hopefully raise funds too! It's black and white in Word Document format so I can easily print and copy it! Now to make some type of card to go with the bracelets display. That way people know what they are for (an adoption fund-raiser). I'll try to post a picture of it when I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment