Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer Vacation Bible School!




Just a few pictures to share from this week! This was the first time Nathanael went to VBS (this year it started at Kindergarten age) and boy was it a fun one! Though Arielle was very disappointed that she could not stay for the whole time she did get to see the horses and pet the animals - and us girls did "girl stuff" while Nathanael was in class ;) They taught the kids about how God created each one of us special and about God's love. It was a western ranch theme and they had everything from pony rides and jump houses, worship and song time, skits, a classroom that had been turned into a "fire-fly cavern", and even a petting-zoo set up! One of the pastors even joined the skit on the last night - it was a crack up! Though I know my 5.5 year old was probably a bit distracted with it being a new experience, lots of fun and excitement and other kids all around, I do hope he will realize when he looks back someday on all this - that God loves him so very much and that he'll see what I saw: a LOT of volunteers who love God and love God's kids enough to do a background check, practice, meet and prepare and give their time, energy and efforts to show these children that they are so special to God and God's people! As a mother I was so very blessed to see this in the heart of so many of the people we fellowship with! And I was so very blessed with how patient and kind they were to my little "ball of energy" boy :)

1 comment: