We got word on Thursday that one document in our dossier needed to be re-done and two others as well. I was able to get those documents ordered (and re-ordered/corrected) and by God's grace they BOTH arrived in the mail on Monday and our mobile notary was able to get the other form notarized for us on Monday night after Scott arrived home from work.
The problem: our facilitators are planning to submit our dossier on this Thursday and we needed everything to go together if at all possible so things don't get separated, lost, - that could result in the rejection of our entire dossier - can you imagine? All the time, effort, emotion, energy and money that's gone into our current dossier that is already over there - just starting all over and it in turn causing our little boy wait longer for his family?? The ONLY option for even having a CHANCE at having our papers apostilled and mailed and IN Eastern Europe by the 11th was to.... get in the car and DRIVE all the way up to our state capital - it was a 7.5 hour drive up there, got apostilles done and walked around the corner to UPS and mailed them! Then went to my (Rachel's) Aunt and Uncle's house nearby for a couple hours to rest (brought Evie along). 
Then I went back on the road early this morning and JUST got home.... and Scott showed me our back yard.... a large branch from our wonderful Fruitless Mulberry tree that gives us such nice shade - broke off yesterday. It's MASSIVE. It's going to take quite a bit to dismantle it and also trim back any other large branches.
The long drive gave me a great opportunity to spend quiet time with God - except when Evie and I sang along to Psalty The Singing Songbook songs - he, he! She loved it - it's children's music I grew up listening to. And I realized that I learned a LOT of spiritual concepts and compassion for others by listening to these children's songs. On the way home I saw a cloud of dust go up in front of my car and quickly realized someone went off the road - the car flipped over and people began trying to get the person out - I watched ten people flip the car back over and sit with the person for quite some time - once a fire-fighter arrived I snapped "out of it", realizing that there were capable people there doing things with their hands and knowledge skills so I did what I could.... I prayed and I hope that person is okay. And then I continued on home. So tonight in all the excitement of being home and very tired and having accomplished "mission impossible" - I am simply thankful to God for getting me and Evie home safe and keeping Scott and the kids safe while we were away. We await excitedly the news of our dossier being submitted so we can add this precious little boy to our bustling family!
ooh that is a long trip! but my girls would have wanted to go just so they could sing psalty :)
ReplyDelete