Prayers, please as I'm meeting with my son's ES in a minute - his education specialist for his school. He is starting school again next week and I am his teacher. So we are about to go over his learning plans and all that. Though his public charter school program will not pay for Christian curriculum they will pay for curriculum that does not conflict with our Christian values and we are free to use curriculum of our own (that I've kept from mine and my husband's childhood and have been graciously given by family and friends) that is God-centered.
I also am SO excited because recently a friend I have known since I was 9 years old contacted me and told me she works up the street from me at a school for children with special needs! She told me about the things they can help Wallace with (once we feel he's bonded to us and ready for "outsiders") and that they offer in-home therapy!!! That means they will come here and will teach me how to do things day in and day out that will help him with learning! There is also another place nearby that she told me of that will work with him with more physical therapy type things when he's ready! I'm so excited because these people are so loving and they really love what they do and really love the kids!
Saw our ES today too. Probably the same charter school. I love them and I was talking to my ES about not wanting Carlene to go straight to school since she will be 6 when we get her. My ES said no problem that they will just write up on IEP for her and then if we choose to go the traditional public route the next year it will already be in process.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see things are moving along for you.
Katrina
Carlene's soon to be momma :)
www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com