
We've been home for a few days now and it is slow getting used to the time change again and lack of sleep. Despite that Zeph is one happy kid (most of the time - nap and night time can be rough on any 2 year old, especially with so much change in his life).
I haven't had time, of course, to decorate but I did take a few moments today to make a "Center" piece (I know I'm a nerd) with the pumpkin my mom gave me and four little ones - the kids are very excited about making pumpkin pie out of these!
Zeph was getting frustrated trying to pick up certain foods from his bowl and wanted to do it himself (hmmm. sounds like a two year old thing to me) so I gave him a fork and he loved trying to use it.
He also had his first bath here and we are starting slow with it. No hair-washing. Not even soap yet. Just let him see it was okay to be in the water - maybe even fun! Then he wanted out. We'll try again and see if he can get used to it so we can move on to tub toys and hair washing.
Mimi and Papi came over on Saturday night and Papi was so excited to get to meet Zeph. Zeph came right up to him and gave him a hug :)
We've got an appointment to see the neurologist and the ears, nose and throat doctor. Should hear from the Ortho soon. Wish I had caught on video tonight Zeph pronounced "hello" perfectly. He's picking up words here and there. It's so neat to hear him say a new word. He's even working on his own name. He says "Zeph" (but it sounds like "Zeppppffff") and he is trying very hard to say "Zephaniah": "Zepppfff iah".
Love the pumpkins!!!!
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to check in and see how you guys are doing. I've seen you on the After the Rainbow group - thanks so much for participating. Those ladies are an awesome source of support! Also, please don't hesitate to ask if I can do anything to help you as you settle in. Adoption is a beautiful thing but it can also be challenging! Sometimes it helps to talk to someone who has "been there".
Blessings,
Rachel Whitmire
Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry
www.reecesrainbow.org
rachel@reecesrainbow.org
OK.. Your son is seriously adorable. I just had to tell you. I'm so happy for your family. Yes there is an adjustment period but look at him. What an angel, what a blessing for you and your family. Enjoy every moment. As you know they grow up too fast. Cherish the moments!!!
ReplyDelete