I feel like it's much later than it is. I will have to write more later. All the excitement and packing and planning is apparently wearing me out. I guess I will have to be quite mindful that I keep a steady pace and get rest, as hard as that is to do with all the thoughts running through my brain!
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
12 Days!
In less than 12 days we are leaving on a plane for Eastern Europe! Ask me a year ago if I'd be packing to go, packing our family's things, packing a little bag with little toddler boy clothes - and a little blue stuffed puppy, play phone, sensory ball, toy cars, and a few other little things. I might have hoped but to actually be doing this - to be so close to bringing home our little boy! His bed is all made-up. I've taken pictures of our home, his room, family and friends, and placed them into a small photo book for him. I wonder how much he's grown since that last time his photo was taken? I wonder if he'll be big enough for 24 months size clothes - so just in case I've brought some 18 month sizes too. I found these neat slipper type shoes called "skidders" for him and some adorable little moccasins as well - these are both like socks that will not wrap too tight around his banding marks on his ankle, just to be safe. I cannot describe all the emotions running through me. I feel like I will blink and then be on that plane, blink, and then have him in my arms! I'm praying for him, thinking about what a big change this will be for a little child. Everything familiar will be gone. Any comforts gone, but I hope replaced with new ones and to the best of our ability some similar ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How amazing it must be to know that you get to hold your baby boy in 12 days! I am so happy for you guys and will keep you guys in our prayers. - Alyssa
ReplyDelete