This post is really for tomorrow but I don't know how busy things will be trying to get ready for "gotcha day" for Zephaniah...which is landing on Arielle's 3rd birthday. That's right - "gotcha day" will always also be Arielle's birthday! Here's a picture of our little (sniff, sniff!) soon-to-be THREE-YEAR-OLD!
Turning two (below)....
And just before she turned one - across the other side of the world a little boy was fighting for his life, born premature at 2.2 pounds and left to be cared for by doctors and nurses, his parents decided they did not want him. He did not fight alone, for there was the help of the staff. But it is not the same as having a mommy and daddy there when you are first born, especially if you are so little, helpless, and so vulnerable. Little did I know that just over 2 years later - we would adopt that little boy. When I was baking this cake for my first little "princess" - my newest little "prince" was being given up, becoming an orphan. So amazing to look back because just after Arielle's birthday here (below) I had talked with Scott about us wanting to adopt and Scott didn't feel the timing was right, yet I felt so strongly this tug that we NEEDED to adopt, that someone needed us. So glad I followed my husband's lead, for soon after we learned that little Evie was on her way! And then when Evie was 6 months old we saw a picture on the Reece's Rainbow "waiting children" page - we saw our little boy - the one who was in our hearts when he was born - we were looking at his picture and starting the process to adopt him. All of our children are such a blessing to us - each one!
We'll have to wait 'til after we are home to celebrate Arielle's 3rd birthday (and Zeph's 2nd birthday, and adoption). But it sure is amazing to count our blessings - to look back and see how our little girl is growing and blossoming and remember the sweet little bud she was when she was born - almost 3 years ago!
What a cute little petunia she is and was! And how incredibly awesome is God's timing that you get TWO amazing celebration days under one roof!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday little Arielle. I LOVE just LOVE that picture of her with the towel or whatever it was wrapped around her head that you posted last week that Nathanel took. So cute!
Oh man....so looking forward to meeting Zeph and seeing you all back on home turf. Godspeed to you guys. Lifting you up today and often!
Love,
Claudia
I will always be able to tell Arielle she got a little brother on her third birthday! Not as a present for her birthday - but certainly a precious gift from God to our entire family! Oh - and now that Scott is picking up the decree I can say that Zephaniah just turned 2 last week! Remember the puppy we gave him? That's why. And sadly, we haven't seen the puppy at the last few visits so we don't know if he'll get it back or not - but that's why I waited to give him his little blue puppy - to make SURE he gets a special gift from us on his "gotcha day".
ReplyDelete