Wednesday, October 19, 2011

One down, two to go.

Sorry - no pictures on this post (yet). I'm soooo tired. I used to wonder why people posted on their blog then when they got home posts were either non-existant or few and far between. Now I know why! We just need to put so much focus and attention on not only little Zeph but all our children - and each other. Scott goes back to work tomorrow. We still have not quite unpacked. We got home and hit the ground running and I feel like we have not stopped running. Everyone is still adjusting to the time, a new family member (and Zeph is adjusting to a whole lot more than that!). Please continue to pray for our family during these transition times.

We took Zeph to see the eye/ear/throat doctor tonight and they diagnosed him with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laryngomalacia Laryngomalacia. We are so thankful that it is not a serious condition, does not need any treatment, and is usually outgrown as the child grows. I admit - I'm going to be annoyed until I can used to hearing his breathing sounds - and NOT thinking as a mommy that he sounds like he is sick and congested (not feeling like I want to help him "get better"). I still don't understand why Zeph breaths primarily through his mouth instead of his nose - maybe with the tiny bit of obstruction it's easier for him to breath through his mouth???

Anyways - I'm sure I'll have much more to share later on and more adorable pictures of our family and the kiddos. But for now I am going to try to take a little less time - not post every single day anymore - to free up more time and energy to put into our family right now. God Bless and stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. My little boy Erik was diagnosed with Laryngomalacia when he was born - he was immediately whisked away to have a bunch of tests done - he sounded so funky! Come to find out it was only laryngomalacia. It seriously does go away with time. Erik is now 7 and I only hear the stridor when he is crying very very hard. If you have any questions feel free to email me. nikitaswlfspirit@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete