
I thought I'd just share some photos of some recent "fun" activities our children have enjoyed the past week or so. Above you see Zeph using a crayon to make dots. I tried to help him scribble but I am going to switch him to washable markers soon because he can't press hard enough on the crayon yet (does not know how) - and using the marker will encourage him to learn so eventually he can use a crayon.

Nathanael and Arielle painted while Zeph colored. I think Evie was sleeping.

A few days before that was our shaving creme activity, which I was told by many moms that this is so good for sensory play therapy for all kids, but so important for children like Zeph who haven't had much sensory experience. Arielle had fun for awhile then wanted her hands clean.

Zeph... not so much. He wanted so badly to EAT the shaving creme but it tastes terrible - REALLY terrible and he HATED that it was not yummy creme. I did not use whipped creme or pudding on purpose. See - he would not play in yummy creme - he would only want to eat it, though I guess, now I'm thinking even if he's eating it he's still getting his hands all in it, huh? Maybe we will try that sometime! I've also since been given the WONDERFUL advice to let the kids play with this in the TUB!!! And since that's where they all ended up anyways - why not?

Evie, whom I had not strapped in, kept trying to stand up and have me get her down - she wanted the stuff off her once she was done playing in it.


Poor little Zeph.

I got to go out with all 4 the other day - the two littles fit in the shopping cart harnesses and Arielle ended up in the front cart (regular) seat. I used to get the "boy, your hands are full!" comments to which I gladly reply, "Yes, they are!" (better full than empty, I feel) Now I'm also getting, "Wow. Are they ALL 'yours'?", to which I reply, "Yes, they are all mine! :)" - I know what people usually "mean" (are they are your birth children, are you babysitting one or two?) but it's just easier not to explain anything to complete strangers unless they are in an actual conversation with me and God puts it on my heart to share our story with them. Zeph is "ours". We went there, we went to court, we signed a gazillion papers, paid fees, got passports and our names on his birth certificate. He's our kid! So yes, they are all mine! Did they all come from my body? No. Am I responsible for all of them as their mother to love, nurture and care for? Yep! They're mine :) Smiles, laughs, tantrums, diapers, tears, hugs... all mine :)

Below is a "game" Zeph kept playing a couple weeks ago. No - he's not playing "astronaut" or "lego guy". He just thought this toy container with bottom removed was really fun to put on his head.... til he was "done" and couldn't get it off. At first it was cute and we'd help him get it off but after awhile it got annoying because he'd keep getting stuck and we'd keep getting it off him and he just isn't at a point yet where he can figure it out (it wasn't hard - just lift, a little harder and back a little - but he's never had to do anything like that before so we don't expect him to know this yet). So the container went bye-bye. Bye, Lego Zeph!
No comments:
Post a Comment