Today we tried Zeph's prosthesis on him at home. He hated it. I set him first up by the couch and he was okay for a moment (and I snapped this picture of him) then he had a bit of a melt down over it. It will be a matter of him getting used to it and then beginning to realize what he can do with it. We're so excited about him getting started!
Saturday, December 17, 2011
Standing up
Today we tried Zeph's prosthesis on him at home. He hated it. I set him first up by the couch and he was okay for a moment (and I snapped this picture of him) then he had a bit of a melt down over it. It will be a matter of him getting used to it and then beginning to realize what he can do with it. We're so excited about him getting started!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Before long he will have a melt down if he can't have it. Be strong, Mama! What a huge blessing!!
ReplyDeleteYes! I agree! He's so active - once he realizes how mobile he can be he'll love it :)
ReplyDeleteYetta here (can never remember my google log in):
ReplyDeleteYes, he should be loving it soon! my son hated his for 3 days. He could already walk on his missing limb so he really didn't see a 'use' for it initially. But I conveniently 'lost' all his other 'shoes' and this was the only 'boot' he had and 3 days later he loved it. I used some 'trickery' in that I made sure to take him to out with it on as much as possible to distract him from it with cool outings to the park, shopping, and chuckee cheese!
We've had it for over a week and everyday so far he hates it :( We finally got it more level, though and it's only been like that (good fit/level) for a few days so I'm really hoping that he'll start to like it and realize he can use it as it is intended (as a foot) ;)
ReplyDelete