Second day in the play/therapy room. Okay for awhile but after an hour he begins to get flustered a bit. I took a picture (can you tell I take most of the pictures) - isn't it cute?
What happens when "Papa" takes the pictures? Well, there's this one of me trying to get Zeph to say "hi":
And then there's this one of me trying to calm Zeph down when he's getting frustrated that he's in a fun room but not allowed to climb the walls, bang on the mirrors or other things that curious 2 year olds like to do. This is me thinking, "why isn't my hubby catching any of the fun pictures of me and Zeph?"
Daddy must be just trying to catch more than the "fuzzy" moments - though I must admit since we've had one child pass through toddler-hood, one in the midst of it and one about to enter - we're pretty patient with him and usually we find a way to distract him or help him accept things he doesn't understand. It's going to be a very big transition for him and we know it's a long road and we are ready as we can be to walk him through it. It's more than the "usual" stuff toddlers go through, more than most children must endure (to leave everything and everyone they've ever known). Please pray for his little heart as we know he will be homesick. He's really just a baby and these nice caregivers are the closest people to a "mama" he's ever known. He seems attached to them (which we've read is actually good because it means he can and will likely attach easier to us). We just know he will miss the sounds of their voices. I hope mine will be okay as a filler and then I hope mine will be a comfort on it's own...as his mama.
I leave you with another video caught by mama (and this is at the end of our visit when he's pretty much done having fun and just wants to go take a nap):
Oh and P.S. - It's my (Rachel's) Daddy's birthday today and since I cannot give you a hug dad - I'm blowing you a kiss from Eastern Europe!
Oh and P.S.S. - I need to update the thermometer! Thank you SO, so very much to everyone who's been donating to our funds! I'll try to get that all up to date when I get a chance.
Thank you for all the posts and updates and videos for us to share in your adventure and joy! I so wish I could have gone with you, but I enjoy the updates! We love you and are praying daily for all of you. Give all the kiddos hugs and kisses from us!
ReplyDelete