just checking in really quick as our driver has allowed us to stop at an internet cafe but i must make this quick. We met both children on Friday and learned more information about them and were able to hold them and take pictures as well. After praying and a lot of emotions we decided only to adopt "Wallace" and are not proceeding with the adoption of sweet little Anastasia. This comes for many reasons I do not have time to explain everything but we did learn that our little boy has some additional health concerns that we will be needing to tend to and we also realized that Anastasia is in need of a family that can give her more time and attention than we have to give at this time in our lives. We are so excited to be visiting our little boy whom we have put on the paperwork to be named Zephaniah but at the same time we are grieving not bringing home Anastasia and we are grieving for her staying here without her family. Words just can't describe the mix of emotions we are feeling now. We have court on Friday the 23rd of September to adopt Zephaniah. Not sure when we may update again. We have no internet in our apartment so please forgive our limited updates until we have more access to internet. And please pray for us, as our hearts are so glad, yet heavy and please pray and advocate for precious little Anastasia - i have a lot to write about her and i hope her family will come soon as there is so much hope for her! When we can we have lots of pictures to post as well but we can't at this post, this time.
God Bless!!
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely understand your happiness and grief. After your post about little Ana (as I was going to call her) I cried all day.I have vowed to pray for her...always. She had already captured my heart as has little Zeph. Just seeing his picture makes me long to pick him up and hold him! I know you won't read this for awhile, but I wake up in the mornings and turn on the laptop and hope for updates...I miss you all so much! I continue to pray for you and all the things that you need, your health and for God's provision, protection, guidance and peace. Daddy and I love you all!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update! I can relate to some of those emotions you are feeling on a smaller level. Praying for you.
ReplyDeleteGreat news you got such a SUPER QUICK court date though!!! YAY!!! Hope you enjoy your bonding time with Zephaniah goes well this week. :-)
(I have that map done, but it's not working to link it to get all of the info on it. Sorry!)
praying for you guys!! very tough decision, but you know what is best for you family!!! Your new pictures and videos of Anastasia will help her find her forever family too!!!
ReplyDeletehugs!!
good luck!!
praying for you guys. I am sure that was a very tough decision. I will continue my misson and prayer for Anastasia. I can't wait to see and hear about her as she is always on my mind. I will also pray for your new little one that his additional medical concerns will be healed.
ReplyDelete