Why am I calling this "Papa's visit"? Because during my visit with Zeph (Wallace) I pulled out the camera only to have it tell me the memory card was missing! Dah! My visit went well this afternoon. My jeans are hardly staying on me - I look absolutely rediculous because they are so baggy now from all the walking I've lost weight plus they don't shrink because they've been line-dried only lately. All the ladies around are wearing tight skinny jeans. Not me - I'm "Mrs. Baggy pants" - and my coat is rather cumbersome compared to their tight leather and/or fur jackets too! And let's not forget that my cute flats are apparently not made for me to walk so very much in because they gave me one big blister and I have to wear my big clunky white tennis shoes. He, he! All-well. I've never been the most stylish person - but this is just silly! I'm waddling, pulling up my pants every few steps - which were not completely dry by the time I had to leave today. Lovely... DAMP baggy jeans for two miles. Really is too bad I don't have footage of myself walking there today - ha, ha!
Yesterday we had been informed through our facilitator that a doctor at the orphanage has ordered that our little boy (and I think the babies too) will not be permitted to play outside - OR downstairs in the play area - since the doctor feels it is now too cold. It was breezy the other day. But today the sun was out and walking over here I had to take off my coat so it was a beautiful nice warm day. Nevertheless I don't want to cause a stir and after all we are taking him to "sunny California" so I just sat again in the entry way with him. He begged, pointing to the window to go out. He even tried to say "outside"! But I had to tell him sorry and that I promise he has a LOT of sunny outdoor days ahead of him! Instead he played "open, close" with the locker doors (there are little cabinets - each child/baby has their change of clothes, diapers, etc.. in it). At first I had been telling him "no" but I ended up telling him "no" for just about everything in that non-child-proofed room so I let that one slide and we even turned it into a fun vocabulary lesson! I really enjoyed my first visit with him on my own. Today he said, "Zeph", "sock", and tried to say "out".
Scott stayed behind in the apartment with our other children. Then once I returned he went to visit on his own for the evening visit... and this time he came back with pictures and this adorable video! Thus - the title. Wanna see?
Who's that handsome boy in the mirror? Scott tried on his coat - and it fits! We thought for sure it would be too big!
10 days - 10 days until "gotcha day"! Count down with us!
He BLEW a KISS!!!!! Awesome....just fantastic! So happy for you guys. Getting all of this on the prayer chain right this minute!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Claudia