Yesterday's appointment at the Orthopedic Dr. was cancelled so it was re-scheduled for today. They still didn't have the part they had ordered but found something else that would work. So we went! Evie is sick so I was very thankful that Scott got off at 3pm and met me there just before 3:30pm and stayed in the car with sickie (Evie) and sleepy (Arielle). Nathanael came in with me and Zeph. Nathanael did the picture-taking. He did a great job for a 5 (soon to be 6) year old! I'm so glad we'll have these "fun" memories for Zeph to see when he's older. Zeph really did NOT like the whole procedure. I was re-assuring him as best I could. Nathanael's picture-taking actually helped him calm down a little - but not for very long - but hey, I'll take anything, right? They rolled on a silicone sleeve (which we get to keep to start "practicing" with every day so he gets used to it - um - he HATED it while there so we'll see how it goes here at home) and then some plastic wrap and then the gauze dipped in plaster was wrapped around that, the Dr. held it firm with his hands, made sure it was shaped how it needed to be and then it came off. It wasn't a very long ordeal. Zeph was very happy when it was "all done".
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment