I started it because almost 2 years ago I realized some members in our family are sensitive to wheat (gluten) and possibly casein (milk) too (and cane sugar, pesticides, herbicides, preservatives, artificial colors and flavors). I had no idea how to re-make recipes or what to make. (EVERYTHING, it seems has those things in it!) I didn't have a lot of $$ to spend on recipe books or expensive pre-made gluten-free products. I found recipes online and made them my own (subbed what I needed to in order to fit my families' needs).
I hope it will be a blessing to those who are also starting (or maybe you've been at it for awhile but still love to try new stuff!) out on this food preparation journey. I will confess - a lot of it is "treats" - we have sweet-teeth here!
P.S. - even if you are not on the gluten-free "train" - I usually give both gluten-free and "regular" (for me - yes, I'm a "wheat-eater" - plus wheat is cheaper for those of us who can have it) versions.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment