Monday, November 28, 2011

Just for fun - in the back yard today - so nice!


Today I went on a mission to tidy up the back yard a little better. Just as I was finishing Zephaniah woke up from his nap and was delighted to come out and play. It was quite warm for a late November date, even for California. I would have taken more pictures of all the kids but Nathanael was in his pjs and too fast for my low-lighting camera setting; Arielle was covered in dirt - yes, my "dainty dirt girl". Evie had just gone down for a nap. So Zephaniah got to be my "practice" today - I'm trying to get better at learning the art of taking photos - I have a LONG way to go! And of course there are just some "bad" shots I LOVE - not because they are good form - but because I just love something about, maybe, what my child was doing or some other detail.


Below are a few pictures of Zeph in our baby swing in the back. I noticed right away that if it swings more than a few inches he panics...big time. Poor little guy. He is not a fan of motion (other than very slow motion). It's going to take some time for him to learn that motion is good and fun (and good for him) and for him to trust us to play motion-type games with him and swing him in the swing (beyond a little rock, the kind of rock you'd rock a tiny infant).


2 comments:

  1. He's such a cutie! My son isn't a fan of swinging high on the swing either, and he was born here. Just a cautious personality. I hope little Zeph learns the joys of swinging soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little Evie doesn't like to swing high either. But Zeph's "dislike" is very different - he was absolutely terrified and doing the "newborn" thing where they hold their breath and flail their arms. It's obvious that he has underdeveloped vesticular sense. We'll be working on things that will help him develop it slowly, like wearing him. I'll have to start slow with that because he's so big and heavy but I'll get in shape and help him all at once :)

    ReplyDelete