Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dressing up...

Though we do not celebrate "Halloween" as some do (ghosts, goblins, superstitions, scary things, dead things, death, gore, etc.) we actually encourage our youngsters to play dress-up and use their imaginations as they pretend. We usually attend a church alternative such as a harvest or fall festival. This year there were FOUR to dress-up:
Nathanael: I asked him what he wanted to dress up like and he ran to his closet and grabbed his fireman rain coat - he wore it last year but he didn't care - he wanted to wear it again since it still fit. The hat from last year was destroyed but I found one on sale and he and the rest of the kids play with it all day! So here he is - our little hero!

The choice for Zephaniah - easy! The size 2t monkey costume that Nathanael wore years ago - it was so cute - I knew it would look adorable on Zeph too - and it sure did!






Evie got to wear her sister's costume that I made two years ago but I could not find the green tutu so she wore shorts and this actually worked - she pulled off that "woodland" look so well, don't you think?



Then there's Arielle. Hmmm. Had to start new with her. Found some cheap, on-sale, but sparkly (impressive to a little girl) material and came up with a "mermaid" costume. I tried a few times to adjust the top so it wouldn't hang off of her but I was rushing to get pictures of the kids before the sun went down (I LOVE natural lighting for photos) - so the final adjustment happened after I took pictures. I also braided her hair and inserted a pearl-looking (bead) bracelet. I was impressed that she held still enough for me to do all that!



No comments:

Post a Comment